In a short address to the Council, Mr. Kwabena Asante-Asare the Founder and Chairman of the Governing Council informed members that they have been selected based on their expertise and he will rely on their rich experience to build a solid foundation for ACDT.
He outlined his vision for ACDT in becoming an internationally reputable centre for design education and research, to train professional and non professional artisans to contribute to the nation’s economic and social development through training and acquisition of employable skills.
Touching on infrastructural development of the College, Mr. Asante-Asare pledged to mobilize funds to complete all works at the main ACDT campus at Oyibi. He ended by congratulating members and pledged his unflinching support to Council members as they go about discharging their duties.
His Lordship (Very Reverend) Justice George Atto Mills-Graves advised members to work hard to accomplish the vision of the College. He also pledged his support whenever we call on him for his assistance and advice. His Lordship further entreated the Governing Council of the College to uphold the mandate of ACDT, and let their decisions be guided by the Constitution of Ghana, as well as the Statutes of ACDT.
The members of the Governing Council are as follows:
- Kwabena Asante-Asare – Chairman/Founder
- Prof. Rudith King – Vice Chairperson
- Prof. Emmanuel Amankwah Asante – President
- Emmanuel Y. Ansah – Vice President
- Patrique deGraft-Yankson – UEW Representative
- Dr. Kafui Kwesi Agyeman – Member
- Doris Bramson – Member
- Sophia Ammisah Laryea – Member
- Mohammed K. Baidoo – Member
- The Ag. Finance Officer – Member
- The Ag. Registrar – Member