A. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST DEGREE
1. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
The general requirements for admission of WASSCE, SSSCE and GBCE candidates to first degree programmes are three (3) credit passes in three core subjects and three (3) credit passes in three relevant elective subjects.
WASSCE Candidates Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three (3) relevant elective subjects, making an aggregate of no more than 36.
SSSCE Candidates Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects plus three (3) relevant elective subjects, making an aggregate of no more than 24.
GBCE Candidates Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
3. Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) Candidates to First Degree
Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower
Division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification working experience. Applicant’s with a minimum of Second (2nd) Class Lower Division in a relevant area of study from a recognised institution will be admitted at Level 300.
Applicants with at least a pass in Fashion Design will be admitted at level 300, while others with relevant disciplines will be considered for admission at Level 200.
4. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Candidates
Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE). ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
5. Mature Students’ Entry
Mature students’ entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so earlier in their lives to further their education at the tertiary level after some years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old and show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- The applicant must also pass an entrance examination in English, Mathematics, IT and General Design/ General Knowledge.
B. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO DIPLOMA
- Six (6) Passes (A –D) in all subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- For areas of specialization, three (3) of the Passes must be in relevant subjects.
- Six (6) Passes (A1 – D7) in all subjects, three (3) of which should be credit Passes (C6) or better.
- It must be noted, however, that certain courses may require credit passes (C6) or better, in other relevant courses.
C. PROFESSIONAL AND OTHER ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
All professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalencies, to determine their eligibility for admission to tertiary education institutions – universities, university colleges, polytechnics, etc.
D. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT QUALIFICATIONS
All international student qualifications will be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
International applicants are also expected to have acquired Non-Citizen Ghana card as a pre-requisite to studying in Ghanaian universities. Assistance in obtaining the required documentation is available from the Registrar’s office.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
|B2||B||2 (Very Good)|
Make it happen!
Submit your application today!