AsanSka University College of Design and Technology is a Private University located at Oyibi, Accra, accredited by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission and affiliated with the University of Education, Winneba. We are a practice-based institution, offering Programmes in Jewellery Design Technology, Digital Media and Communication Design at the Degree, Diploma and Certificate levels. We are currently processing accreditations for two other Programmes namely Fashion Design and Product Design and Entrepreneurship.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team at the Registry. As a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will perform a range of clerical and administrative duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance to students on admission requirements and processes, and general information about the sessions of admission and on matters of general academic procedures.
- Liaise with prospective students and parents in promoting the university programmes.
- Screen and respond to phone calls and e-mails.
- Provide administrative support for all general administration activities by data entry of information into an established database, including admissions, enrolment, examinations, graduation, and collation of student statistics.
- Assist in the management of student records, academic records, transcripts, and ensure easy retrieval of such records.
- Assist to write Minutes and compose administrative letters and respond to students’ complaints and inquiries.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence to appropriate offices by receiving, sorting, opening (as appropriate), and routing correspondence according to prescribed office procedures and guidelines.
- Direct students to other sources of support and information as required, scheduling appointments for students with the relevant staff as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of academic schedules for the academic sessions.
- Provide input for timetabling and scheduling of the use of lecture halls and other facilities.
- Compile and maintain a register of students’ details in a database.
Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of administrative processes and office procedures in a tertiary education institution.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to touch type dictations, and type at a good clip of 35 wpm (words per minute).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great work ethic and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Multitasking and attention to detail.
- Experience in student records management and Management Information System software will be an advantage.
Required and Experience:
- A good First Degree in Business Administration/ Management or its equivalent with at least second-class upper division.
- At least three years of work experience in an administrative capacity for a reputable university.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Wednesday, 9th February 2022.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.