BA Product Design & Entrepreneurship
Developing Product Designers who are problem solvers responsible for the design and development of consumer products, including improving existing products designs and analysing working concepts launched by competitors of similar products, to match quality and performance.
Encouraging the judicious utilization of Ghana’s rich natural resources in the development of new ideas and products
About this programme
This Four (4) Academic year programme together with basic entrepreneurship courses and the necessary principles of design will equip our youth with the needed skills leading to self-employment to improve their economic environment.
This programme has been developed to also provide skill acquisition in the development of concepts, models and real/actual products. The items or products to be considered will yield themselves to artisanal manufacturing.
This Bachelor of Arts programme will help train product designers and foster collaboration with industry and research institutions in the areas of design and technology education fuelled by research and entrepreneurship.
Objectives of the Programme
- Encourage the judicious utilization of Ghana’s rich natural resources in the development of new ideas and products
- Encourage the youth to apply modern technology to indigenous tradition-themed new design that will contribute to a sustainable evolution of traditional industries to modern artisanal manufacturing industries.
- Give the youth an opportunity to give vent to their creative ideas through product design as a profession.
- Develop a group of competent, professional product designers to satisfy the growing needs of Ghana’s citizens as the country moves to the upper echelons of a middle-income country.
- Serve as a conduit for those who have established careers in other disciplines and who seek to change their professional direction.
- Serve as a means for those who have been out of touch to enhance their skills by upgrading themselves to acquire current technological tools developed to aid the modern design, manufacturing or production environment.
WASSCE, SSSCE, HND, Diploma which meets the entry requirements of the programme. Follow this link to read more.
A Four (4) Academic Year programme made up of Eight (8) Semesters.
Ghanaian Students: GHS4,800.00
Pass all courses of the programme and obtain a minimum of hundred and twenty (120) credits to gain BA Product Design & Entrepreneurship.
Accredited by Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) and affiliated to University of Education (UEW) – Winneba.
What you will learn
Are you a creative thinker looking at an institution to help unearth your creativity?
Your dream is within reach. Take the first step and apply now.
Credit passes in Graphic Design, General Knowledge in Art and any other Visual Arts Elective Subject.
FIVE (5) credits at O’ Level including: English Language, Art, and Mathematics, plus at least TWO (2) passes at A’ Level including Art, preference would be given to applicants with THREE (3) passes at the A’ Level with grade A or B in Art.
Applicants must have attained the age of 25 years at the time of submitting the Application with at least THREE (3) years working experience. Mature Applicants must also pass an interview and a practical examination.
With our Diploma in Product Design Programme, you’ll have the right credentials for a variety of careers. Potential careers include:
- Rural and Cottage Industry
- Security Services (e.g., Police-CID, CEPS, etc)
- Design Studios/Consulting
- Product Developer/Designer
- CAM Machine Operator
- 3D Illustrator
The vision of the College is to become an internationally reputable centre for Design education and research.
Connect with us
AsanSka House 648/4.
Royalt Castle Road-Kokomlemle.