Develop a career through the profitable use of Ghana’s raw and hopefully, refined gold, through skills and research development in the art of precious jewellery design and fabrication/manufacture
About this Programme
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Jewellery Design Technology programme is designed to contribute to the transformation of the Ghanaian raw material export economy into a manufacturing economy that will export quality finished products for increased foreign exchange. Most importantly, this course is instituted to pave the way for a more profitable use of Ghana’s raw and hopefully, refined gold, through skills and research development in the art of precious jewellery design and fabrication/manufacture.
Our BA Jewellery Design Technology programme will provide you with a pathway to a professional career.
Objectives of the Programme
- Use this programme to initiate the development of a Jewellery market in Ghana
- Give the youth an opportunity to give vent to their creative ideas through jewellery design and manufacture as a profession
- Develop a group of competent, professional jewellery designers to satisfy the growing needs of Ghana’s citizens as the country moves to the upper echelons of a middle-income country
- Serve as a conduit for those who have established careers in other disciplines and who seek to change their professional direction
- Serve as a means for those who have been out of touch to enhance their skills by upgrading themselves to acquire current technological tools developed to aid the modern design, manufacturing or production environment
WASSCE, SSSCE, HND, Diploma which meets the entry requirements of the programme. Follow this link to read more.
Foreign Applicants: $2,960
Pass all courses of the programme and obtain a minimum of 120 credits to gain BA Jewellery Design Technology.
What you will learn
… and many more
Are you a creative thinker looking at an institution to help unearth your creativity?
Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects.
Applicants must have attained the age of 25 years at the time of submitting the Application with at least THREE (3) years working experience. Mature Applicants must also pass an interview and a practical examination.
With our BA. Jewellery Design Technology Programme, you’ll have the right credentials for a variety of careers. Potential careers include:
- Gold Jewellery manufacturing sub-sector
- Gem, Trade and Commerce
- Rural and Cottage Industry
- Security Services (eg. Police-CID, CEPS, etc)
- Design Studios/Consulting
- Product Developer/Designer
- CAM Machine Operator
- CAD Designer/Illustrator